Communication skills training in NYC for couples and individuals for problem resolution, to resolve conflict and communicate more effectively.
From Isolation to Connection:
How to speak and listen in ways that are felt, heard, and understood.
- Do you often blame, attack your partner, or defend yourself when trying to get your point across?
- Do you find yourself in the same repeating arguments?
- Do you feel unheard or misunderstood?
- Do you have a hard time listening to your partner or remembering what was said?
- Do you ‘check out’ when your partner is telling you his/her complaints?
- Are your emotional reactions out of proportion to the current situation?
- Do discussions turn from something simple to something heated and volatile?
- Do you long for your partner to hear you and respond to what you are saying?
Learn to speak so you can be heard. Learn to listen so you can hear.
This experiential workshop will give you tools you can quickly implement in your relationships to:
- Deepen connection.
- Decrease anger and overreactions.
- Resolve conflict and solve problems.
- End repetitive patterns.
- Better control emotional outbursts.
This workshop is facilitated by Ellen Gregory, LMFT, Founder and Director of Midtown Marriage and Family Therapy, PC (Midtown MFT). Ellen works with individuals and couples to break the destructive, reactionary patterns of anger, to provide relief, and hope for growth and change. Ellen shows her clients healthy ways to voice their needs and wants and how to heal from past pain.
Location: At our office at 271 Madison Ave, Suite 708, Between 39th and 40th, NYC, New York
For more information call Midtown MFT at (917) 968-5599 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit midtownmft.com
Pre-registration with payment is required prior to the workshop.
Workshop Fee: $100 Payment accepted online via Paypal. Click here for registration page.